President Petro Poroshenko informed that the ATO status in the east of Ukraine would be replaced with the Joint Forces Operation on April 30. It was stated in an interview to Ukrainian TV channels.
The Head of State said: "The format should be changed on April 30. It dramatically changes the management organization of the military structure".
Petro Poroshenko reminded that the ATO was guided by the Security Service of Ukraine. According to him, “interaction between the Security Service and the attached units of the AFU, National Police, National Guard is different from that envisaged in the law on reintegration of the Donbas”.
"The leadership is transferred to the Armed Forces of Ukraine. The AFU gets additional powers to respond to the aggression, and the units of the National Guard, Security Service of Ukraine, State Border Service, National Police and other law enforcement agencies become subordinated to the Armed Forces of Ukraine," the President noted.
He thanked the Verkhovna Rada for supporting his proposals on the strategy of liberation of the Donbas. “This will make the actions of Ukrainian military much more efficient not only in repelling the armed aggression, but also in countering subversive groups,” the President said.
The Head of State noted that the number of attempts of terrorist attacks against Ukraine had already exceeded 400. Terrorists are trained in camps located in Rostov, Belgorod, Kursk and other regions of the Russian Federation. Some of them are recruited in the Ukrainian occupied territory, some of them are Russian citizens.
“Ukraine must be united and strong to counter these threats,” Petro Poroshenko emphasized.