Istanbul, October 16, 2020
We, the Presidents of Ukraine and the Republic of Turkey:
Reaffirming the desire to strengthen the strategic partnership between our countries, note the importance of implementing the agreements enshrined in the Joint Declaration following the Eighth Meeting of the High-Level Strategic Council between Ukraine and the Republic of Turkey which was held in Kyiv on February 3, 2020.
Emphasizing the commitment to the principles and norms of international law,
- The Republic of Turkey reaffirms its unconditional support for Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity within internationally recognized borders and welcomes the cooperation within the Crimean Platform initiated by Ukraine.
- We agree to continue our efforts towards de-occupation of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol, as well as restoration of Ukraine’s control over certain areas in Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine.
- Continue to coordinate our efforts to ensure the protection of human rights in the temporarily occupied Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol, as well as to release all illegally detained Ukrainian citizens.
- Work together to improve living conditions for Ukrainian citizens, including Crimean Tatars, who have been forced to leave the temporarily occupied territory of Crimea and move to mainland Ukraine.
- The Republic of Turkey supports Ukraine's perspective for membership to the North Atlantic Alliance and welcomes Ukraine's recognition as an Enhanced Opportunities Partner.
- The Republic of Turkey will continue to assist Ukraine in meeting the criteria for membership to the Alliance, as well as the interoperability of the Armed Forces of Ukraine with NATO, including through appropriate joint military exercises.
- We emphasize the importance of joint efforts to strengthen peace, security and stability in the Black Sea region through regional mechanisms and NATO.
- Continue to attach special importance to the development of comprehensive cooperation between the Navies of our states.
- Emphasize the importance of strengthening regional cooperation of the countries concerned for sustainable economic development and environmental protection in the Black Sea.
- Decide to create a new format of the Ukrainian-Turkish dialogue on political and security issues, namely annual meetings of foreign and defense ministers in the format "two plus two" (Quadriga).- Express satisfaction with the dynamics of the development of bilateral cooperation, in particular, in the fields of defense and military-technical cooperation and instruct the Ministries of Defense and other relevant agencies of the two countries to ensure the successful implementation of all projects of mutual interest.
- Note the importance of concluding negotiations on a Free Trade Agreement between Ukraine and the Republic of Turkey as soon as possible.
- Emphasize the need to intensify cooperation within the Intergovernmental Commission on Trade and Economic Cooperation.
- Continue cooperation for increasing Turkish investments in the implementation of infrastructure projects in Ukraine, taking note of the opportunities provided by the program “Large Construction” in Ukraine.
- The Republic of Turkey welcomes Ukraine's intention to join the Organization of Islamic Cooperation as an observer state and also appreciates Ukraine’s interest to engage with the Turkic Council.
- We agree to work towards holding “the Year of Ukraine in Turkey” and “the Year of Turkey in Ukraine”, which will further deepen cultural and humanitarian cooperation and people-to-people contacts.
President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of the Republic of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdoğan